Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tori Amos - Midwinter Graces




This is more than a Christmas Album, Tori has dubbed it a solstice album which combines songs from all beliefs and cultures. It's originally Tori. This isn't one of those Christmas albums where the artist's talent is hidden behind cheesy Christmas carols.

This is from the heart and the songs are original scores written by Tori sometimes incorporating parts of familiar Christmas songs such as Noel but with unique and beautiful melodies. This album is addicting and very peaceful, it's been a constant in my house for the holidays.

Track List:

1 - What Child, Nowell
2 - Star Of Wonder
3 - A Silent Night With You
4 - Candle: Coventry Carol
5 - Holly, Ivy & Rose
6 - Harps Of Gold
7 - Snow Angel
8 - Jeanette, Isabella
9 - Pink & Glitter
10 - Emmanuel
11 - Winter’s Carol
12 - Our New Year

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Grand Pooba,

Well, look at you... doing another Tori post. I just love this CD. Did you get the one that came with a DVD? I found that DVD interview really interesting. Tori is so amazing. I'm so glad Alicia told me of your love of Tori. Clearly she was not kidding. You'll have to check out my other Tori posts (aside from "Winter"). I'm sure you will like them.

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Pooba,

What? No post on Piano Collection? I saw it posted in your sidebar and was sure I'd find it. You must still be taking it in. Five CDs is a lot to digest. :)

Jeanne